This is a preview for the new MathML rendering mode (with SVG fallback), which is availble in production for registered users.
If you would like use the MathML rendering mode, you need a wikipedia user account that can be registered here []
- Only registered users will be able to execute this rendering mode.
- Note: you need not enter a email address (nor any other private information). Please do not use a password that you use elsewhere.
Registered users will be able to choose between the following three rendering modes:
Here are some demos:
- Safari + VoiceOver: video only, File:Voiceover-mathml-example-1.wav, File:Voiceover-mathml-example-2.wav, File:Voiceover-mathml-example-3.wav, File:Voiceover-mathml-example-4.wav, File:Voiceover-mathml-example-5.wav, File:Voiceover-mathml-example-6.wav, File:Voiceover-mathml-example-7.wav
- Internet Explorer + MathPlayer (audio)
- Internet Explorer + MathPlayer (synchronized highlighting)
- Internet Explorer + MathPlayer (braille)
- NVDA+MathPlayer: File:Nvda-mathml-example-1.wav, File:Nvda-mathml-example-2.wav, File:Nvda-mathml-example-3.wav, File:Nvda-mathml-example-4.wav, File:Nvda-mathml-example-5.wav, File:Nvda-mathml-example-6.wav, File:Nvda-mathml-example-7.wav.
- Orca: There is ongoing work, but no support at all at the moment File:Orca-mathml-example-1.wav, File:Orca-mathml-example-3.wav, File:Orca-mathml-example-4.wav, File:Orca-mathml-example-5.wav, File:Orca-mathml-example-6.wav,
- From our testing, ChromeVox and JAWS are not able to read the formulas generated by the MathML mode.
To test the MathML, PNG, and source rendering modes, please go to one of the following test pages:
If you find any bugs, please report them at Bugzilla, or write an email to math_bugs (at) ckurs (dot) de .