Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Engine/Reaction engine/Jet engine/Rocket engine/Steam engine/Internal combustion engine/Hall effect thruster
- Tether propulsion/Launch loop/orbital ring
- Rocket/Reaction Engines A2/LAPCAT/Skylon/SABRE/Concorde/CarterCopter
- Flight/Spaceflight/Space exploration/Specific impulse/Delta-v budget/Delta-v/Oberth effect
- Strong focusing
- Wireless energy transfer/Resonant energy transfer
- Network neutrality
- Noble lie - putting the lie in elite for more than two millenia!
- Timeline of historic inventions
- WP:LEAD - defined definitions as important
- WP:Wikipedia is not a dictionary - reformatting and clarifying mainly
- WP:Wikipedia is - minor reformatting
Hobbies include getting vandals banned.
- Mnemonic - how to remember enormous amounts of stuff without writing it down!
- Halbach array - it's an asymmetric field, far stronger on one side, but the magnet layout looks surprisingly symmetric!
- Halbach cylinder - it's a halbach array that's made of permanent magnets that's off-and-onable!
- Hofstadter's law - it takes longer than you expect to understand it
- Nomic - what the wikipedia is not supposed to be
- Okinawa diet - they don't eat much, but they live long
- Fermat's theorem/Lagrangian - The magic that runs quantum mechanics; but my mind is in a superposition state about the Many worlds theory
- Special relativity - time and space are interchangeable???? You bet.
- Constructal theory - perfectly imperfect
- Kudos to whoever came up with this concept
- Peripeteia - the moment when everything changes
- Anagnorisis - the moment of self discovery
- Hash tables - you put things in random places so you can find them quickly???
- Tether propulsion - no fuel required! How does that work?
- Space Elevator - the ultimate Indian rope trick and the Lofstrom loop, orbital rings
- Birthday paradox - two people usually have the same birthday!
- Reaction Engines Skylon - it flies all the way around the world ... multiple times on one fill-up (if anyone ever builds it) - also A2 (aircraft) goes half way around non stop
- Evolution - the modification of genomic population over time, and it's useful if you want to apply phage therapy!
- The big rip - ITEOTWAWKI
- Nash equilibrium - the theory you get when a paranoid schizophrenic tries to figure out the world... and it applies to business quite well (gack)
- SOFAR channel - So far and yet so loud! And some people think that aliens landed because of it!
- Teapotahedron - the shape of a chocolate teapot
- Page rank- practical Epistemology applied to the web to avoid infinite regress
- Faraday paradox
- Rattleback it goes around, stops goes back the other way, sometimes several times...
- xkcd - "We did not invent the algorithm. The algorithm consistently finds Jesus. The algorithm killed Jeeves. The algorithm is banned in China. The algorithm is from Jersey. The algorithm constantly finds Jesus. This is not the algorithm. This is close."
- The Mother of All Demos
- Julius Sumner Miller
- Understand (story)
- Brunnian link
- Litz wire is cute and has a relative magnetic permeability well below 1!
- Hamilton–Jacobi–Bellman equation
- Auxetics you squidge it, and it shrinks sideways
- Metamaterials can have a negative refractive index but personally, I can't see it
- My Uncle Napoleon contains the whole of Iranian politics. No, really.
- Mark Thomas
- happy face crater Smile, you're on interplanetary photographs!
- Metastability in electronics not everything is black and white, even in digital electronics
- Terra preta sometimes if soil is black, the soil reproduces!
- g-force it's an acceleration, not a force, which is why it's called that. Oh! Wait!
- resonant energy transfer involves a high Q factor which is used in Tesla coils was invented by Nikola Tesla, the original "mad scientist"
- Domed city
- Jevons paradox when a resource usage is more efficient you run out of it more quickly
- Robert L. Forward
- Well, that's another fine mess we've gotten into olivine
- Counterfactual history
- Yap islanders have enormous money
- 24 Themis
- Economic calculation problem was tackled by Gosplan not entirely successfully!
- Relativistic heat conduction deriving relativity from the second law of thermodynamics and quantum mechanics
- Sarrus linkage
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Bruno Masse
- Partial_differential_equation#Classification Hyperbolic partial differential equation
- Deflection (engineering)
Also: External deep magic site
Deep black magic
(Things I really, really don't like)
- Deep packet inspection (traffic shaping is a much better idea because it doesn't break network neutrality)
- Lobbying America has some of the best politicians money can buy!
- UK Threat Levels of attacks on the wikipedia is NORMAL.
Mostly just funny with bizarre and dark overtones
|The Original Barnstar|
|I award you this Barnstar for your hard work on the Rocket article. Congratulations, and keep up the good work. :) Pursey Talk | Contribs 00:34, 8 September 2007 (UTC)|
||The Defender of the Wiki Barnstar|
|I've observed your efforts in upholding the Network Neutrality article. Even if there was no reason to doubt your opposing number's motives, it's clear from his condescension, his insults and his steadfast refusal of views other than his own that he has no interest in cooperating, and accordingly that your work has been valuable. That you've been at it for nine months astounds me. Want one of these? --Kizor 15:33, 26 March 2007 (UTC)|