Alternative Media Project
I saw your edit summary on Alternative Media Project: reverting; (someone really doesn't like Chuck Munson). As you may have figured out, that person is probably Chuck Monson himself, user:Chuck0. That editor has been slightly active for a while. The current dispute was perhaps mostly triggered by recents edits by user:Baxter2 to Bill White (activist) and related articles. If interested you might take a look at a note I left on talk:Bill White (activist) regarding this problem. It's a tangle of politics, personal relationships, and the Internet. Somebody could make a great book out of it. Cheers, -Willmcw July 1, 2005 09:00 (UTC)
- A very sane decision. Cheers, -Willmcw July 2, 2005 03:44 (UTC)
Fast on the trigger
Should you change your mind, please let me know. And it's actually not a button; it's a blue link that says [rollback], just to the right of the offending editor's name on the difs page. Just thought you might wanna know. (And if you inadvertently leave your cursor parked on that link, a curious cat can easily stroll across the keyboard when you go to get a Coke, step on the touchpad, and roll back an edit without your permission.) Joyous (talk) July 3, 2005 16:51 (UTC)
Hi, your comments don't seem to have made it onto the talk page (only the header did)... Wyss 3 July 2005 15:26 (UTC)
Fonzie Fan means no harm
Fonzie Fan has explained himself elsewhere and will try to elaborate further here. All Fonzie Fan is trying to do is inject a little humor into the sandbox. Fonzie Fan has noticed that the sandbox is rarely used for actual editing experiments and has become sort of a wild card page where people say whatever they want.
Fonzie Fan will be careful not to be offensive because he doesnt want to be blocked and enjoys trying to give Wikipedians a laugh.Fonzie Fan 3 July 2005 22:28 (UTC)
Thank you so much for my Cool as a Cucumber award, and for your kind words, which are very much appreciated! Oh, and also for the invitation to join your micronation, which I did, though I wasn't sure which rank to award myself, so I've started off very lowly, and I'll rely on you to promote me as and when. Don't forget me though, because as it stands, I'm lower than "potential vandal." As for SlimVirgin images, I did find a photograph of the SlimVirgin temple, but the copyright holder contacted me only recently to ask that it be deleted, so it pains me to admit that Slim is currently without visual representation. SlimVirgin (talk) July 4, 2005 01:03 (UTC)
- Also, I just noticed that when I added myself to your micronation, that was my 12,000th edit, which must be some sort of good-luck sign, so maybe I'll be a lucky mascot for the troops. ;-) SlimVirgin (talk) July 4, 2005 03:41 (UTC)
Old Redneck Jokes
What happened to the user "Old Redneck Jokes"? Why was he blocked, I'm a friend of his and he's boycotted Wikipedia now and I'm wondering what he did, so I can call him an idiot.
Hi, meet the famed Jenny Lopez on Wheels! JLoW 6 July 2005 21:07 (UTC)
- Seriously, you asked me that question on my talk page - Why do you do this? I really, really want to know, please. Well, it's fun! And besides, wikis suck. Pelican shit, Willy on Wheels, and Jennifer Lopesz have joined together to form JLoW, Inc. So let's keep the sysops busy on Wikipedia and Wiktionary. Do you want to join JLoW Inc. today? - JLoW 6 July 2005 21:22 (UTC)
- You are talking to a celebrity now. Mind your manners. JLoW 6 July 2005 21:25 (UTC)
LOL, I didn't know Australia was divided. Does that give you a clue? Uncle Ed July 7, 2005 15:23 (UTC)
re: Timeline for missing persons following the September 11, 2001 Attacks
Thanks. I thought about overriding the "vote count" and calling it as a transwiki but I couldn't find any place in the MemorialWiki where I thought it really fit. I'm glad you found a home for it. Rossami (talk) 7 July 2005 23:43 (UTC)
Hey, maybe you should just let the anon write on Heph's talk...I mean it seems fairly harmless and even if it's trolling I'm sure he can make an intelligent decision on his own about how to regard it. Everyking 9 July 2005 03:53 (UTC)
RfC & List of Irish-Americans
Just wanted to drop you a quick thanks for the words of support. This wasn't even something I much cared about as of three days ago, but since Lapsed Pacifist has decided to make it such a huge deal, I've decided to see this through to whatever end. Again, thanks for the support.—chris.lawson (talk) 04:24, 10 July 2005 (UTC)
And a thanks to you also, sir.
Fonzie Fan is in a rare serious mood. And he wishes to state that you dont know how grateful he is today, and how devastated he was yesterday to see four months worth of work (things that he couldnt possibly think of again) return. Again-thank you sir.Fonzie Fan 10 July 2005
Thanks, Cat Law Stubs / Blogs
Thanks for linking Category:Australian law stubs on my user page. An An 23:11, 11 July 2005 (UTC)
- Hey, Thanks for saying something nice about my blogs. I struggled with blogging for ages until I decided to let it all hang out. Now I can't poke it all back in! An An 00:26, 12 July 2005 (UTC)
|Did you know? has been updated. A fact from the article Ronald Bass, which you recently created, has been featured in that section on the Main Page. If you know of another interesting fact from a recently-created article, then please suggest it on the "Did you know?" talk page.|
water and jeans
Am sorry to see the part about water and jeans taken out as it is information that is hard to find and relevent to history of jeans and WWII.I have seen the photographs of solders in south pacific wearing 501 levis during WWII and because of that the south seas natives wore cutoff levis shorts up till about the late 1960s.One of the problems with todays search engines is they ar'nt good at getting information on articals from magazenes and newspapers that had a lot of usful information on obscure subjects such as jeans in south pacific during WWII but arnt well indext and not digitalized.As the WWII veterens are dying off in such numbers the storys of the levis in south pacific may be lost forever and you may be doing disservice by removing one of only places that that information would be found and some veterin coming forward with the information and photos.I am trying to get the DVD of Victory at Sea that I beleve there are shots of solders wearing the levis 501s.I will go frame by frame to get any photos of them, also may be some books with the photos but my library doesnt have the quality needed.As to scuba diving that also was true in coral reefs to protect yout legs.Also dificult to sabstantiat as it took place befor digital age and iformation is lost in magaziene artical that may never be digitalized in our time.
have no idea on how to post to jeans discussion?
Lapsed Pacifist Attacking Me
I made Irish-American Mayors, Lapsed Pacifist saw that I made it and started vandalizing it. Can you do something to get Lapsed Pacifist banned from editing that page? Lapsed Pacifist has no respect for other people's work. 220.127.116.11 10:30, 14 July 2005 (UTC)
Comunleng VfD redux
Hi func. Do you remember the Comunleng VfD saga a little while ago? After it survived you said on the talk page that it would have to go back to VfD eventually, and I've just put it back up if you want to comment. Thanks. — Trilobite (Talk) 06:22, 15 July 2005 (UTC)
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
For background information, check Kim's talk page and his recent contribs to other people's talk pages. He did ask others, and others did concur. I agree that it's an exceptional action, but then it's an exceptional circumstance. Yours, Radiant_>|< 13:42, July 20, 2005 (UTC)
How can notability-vs-vanity be judged for something like Insert Disc Two? It looks like vanity to me, but for all I know, it may be sweeping the Florida airwaves. (Can you say "airwaves" when referring to an internet show?) Joyous (talk) 14:34, July 23, 2005 (UTC)
- Thanks for the opinion. I agree. By the way, were there flashing red lights and pop-up banners saying "nyah-nyah, you can't edit!"? Joyous (talk) 15:00, July 23, 2005 (UTC)
You should be able to edit this page
The block time was set to 15 mins so not too bad unless you're really badly addicted. But because of recent changes to blocks you still edit your talk page, and maybe your user page (I'm not sure) Theresa Knott (a tenth stroke) 14:42, 23 July 2005 (UTC)
- Ha, ha!!! Thanks, Theresa! :)
- Oh, noes! Joy Stovall desperately needs my help!!! A thousand curses upon your good name, Theresa! I'm going to tell the WikiWatch Foundation about this! You will see me in a Court of Law in Trenton, New Jersey!!! ;-)
- No no func. The first thing you should do is demand that my adminship is removed. Only when this is ignored by everyone should you then go on to make legal threats. Theresa Knott (a tenth stroke) 14:54, 23 July 2005 (UTC)
And you Birthday Present is ................
Oh, dear, I'd almost forgotten about that! Hm... it's dated 2004, but I know that was longer ago, dating from when I first bought the domain and was trying to get others to use the word. (I admit it -- I'm a neologist!)
And happy birthday! I'd sing for you, but there's a reason I'm in the orchestra and not the choir, so perhaps I'll just leave you with my good wishes, and some wikicake... trust me, it's better all around this way. :-) Cheers, Mindspillage (spill yours?) 04:53, 25 July 2005 (UTC)
Hi. I was not experimenting with Wikipedia. I have been contributing for sometime now. I thought that blog was not appropriate for that article. 18.104.22.168 23:59, 27 July 2005 (UTC)
- Whoops! I'm so sorry. I thought I was reverting this edit. Cheers, Func( t, c ) 02:26, 28 July 2005 (UTC)
Hiya. What do you think of these contributions? I'm seeing the links as spam. The edits to the Sex tourism article by themselves wouldn't have jumped out at me, but coupled with the link added, seem to turn the article gently into a "go ahead and try it" sort of pitch that support the link. Joyous (talk) 16:56, July 28, 2005 (UTC)
- Better? I actually left a little at the beginning of the article that seemed relatively informative (although I'm sure that was accidental). It seems to me that there is a distinction between sex tourism and child sex tourism. I haven't removed the 2nd paragraph...yet. I'm not sure about it. Thoughts on the current revision, cowsman...uh...I mean, func?
Hey, I got bored and decided to look at your monobook.js while I was trying to figure out how the heck to work mine... anyways, I was wondering what it looks like because I can't make heads or tails of it. Could you send me a screen shot or something I would like to check it out. Thanks! Sasquatch′↔T↔C 03:41, July 30, 2005 (UTC)
- Hi, Sasquatch. Sorry, I got distracted and had to disconnect from IRC. My monobook is an ever changing work in progress. :) This is its current "stable" form. If you use a modern browser other than Internet Explorer, then you should be able to pop it into your own monobook.js and take a look at what I've got going on. I've got big plans for it, but I'm taking it slowly. :) Func( t, c ) 04:05, 30 July 2005 (UTC)
- Alright, I'm going to check it out =) you should check out my monobook.css, (assuming you are using Firefox like most developers) it looks pretty cool =) (then again, you seem like a very computer literate person and may not be that amazed, although for simple folk like me its partially mind blowing =) ). Sasquatch′↔T↔C 08:24, July 31, 2005 (UTC)
- Just installed it =) I have to say it is quite good =) just working out a small redundancy as I already had a link to Kate's tool so I'm going to delete the one I had. I have to say I am quite impressed =) Happy editing (and I will surely spread news of this most wonder "last diff" tab, quite userful for RC patrol). Sasquatch′↔T↔C 08:32, July 31, 2005 (UTC)
I was trying to make a page for the sco.wikipedia.org one, and it accidently travelled over to the Simple Wikipedia, and regular Wikipedia Page. Next time I'll try to do a bit better it's just that the links are hard to follow
IPA symbol insertion
- OK, I'll try working on this problem a little bit today, (but no promises). :) Func( t, c ) 18:30, 31 July 2005 (UTC)
I understand. I've just found out that on Wiktionary there's a combo box below the text box that lets one choose among adding IPA, Latin, Greek symbols and the such. Do you know someone on Wikipedia (an administrator or someone else) who can add that combo box to Wikipedia? 2004-12-29T22:45Z 18:47, July 31, 2005 (UTC)
Did you rev up your keyboard? I've lost count of how many times I've seen this in the last 15 minutes:
- "Cannot rollback last edit of Article X; someone else has edited or rolled back the page already.
Last edit was by Func (Talk)"
- Blah! ;-) The discussion on Template talk:IPA looks tricky. You have to understand my handicap: I don't have access to a Windows machine, and IE for Mac is stuck at version 5.2. I'll look it over and see what I can come up with, (but really, my best advice: use Firefox, Netscape, or Opera). :) Func( t, c ) 01:57, 1 August 2005 (UTC)
You removed this link
from the Lighthouse article, with a comment about "spam." Because it's in the external links section, I don't see it as spam. I checked the page, and it does have history about a lighthouse. Other links are to pages about individual lighthouses. DavidH 04:59, August 1, 2005 (UTC)
- DavidH, my apologies. This user Template:User-multi was adding dozens and dozens of links to mychatham.com, for instance, for every article on specific types of clams or things related to clams, such as Bivalvia, Mussel, New England clam bake, Clam chowder, Fried clams, Giant clam, and Surf clam, he was adding a link to here. A user account that does nothing but add links to a single website is very definately a spammer, ie: someone attempting to use Wikipedia to promote their own website. Such behavior violates our policies Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not and Wikipedia:External links, and should be discourged when we see it.
- However, if you feel that the link was appropriate for that particular page, then please do add it back. I admit that I did not consider every case individually, I was simply trying to crack down on the extent to which other websites are trying to use Wikipedia as an advertising platform. Cheers, Func( t, c ) 12:15, 1 August 2005 (UTC)
Ah, perfectly reasonable. I might have noticed if I'd looked at the user's contributions. You're right that adding lots of links to one site was a kind of spamming. I'll restore the one on the Lighthouse article because the page it links to does have lighthouse info. Thanks for your reply. DavidH 18:16, August 1, 2005 (UTC)
Hi, function. How do I add the following characters to the list? They're not part of the sequence, but are also needed for IPA transcriptions. 2004-12-29T22:45Z 20:32, August 1, 2005 (UTC)
002E period FULL STOP
002F slash SOLIDUS
005B bracketleft LEFT SQUARE BRACKET
005D bracketright RIGHT SQUARE BRACKET
007C bar VERTICAL LINE
02C8 linevert MODIFIER LETTER VERTICAL LINE
02CC linevertsub MODIFIER LETTER LOW VERTICAL LINE
02D0 length MODIFIER LETTER TRIANGULAR COLON
2016 verticalbardbl DOUBLE VERTICAL LINE
2192 arrowright RIGHTWARDS ARROW
- I added them, same place: User:Func/wpfunc/addipaextensions.js Func( t, c ) 23:12, 1 August 2005 (UTC)
Hey, put it on your "brag list". That's great. 2004-12-29T22:45Z 23:29, August 1, 2005 (UTC)